The Derma Roller Micro Needle Therapy System, the “COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY”
The derma roller needles can be of several lengths and density. The most popular is the Derma roller 1.0 mm microneedles length. During dermarolling sessions, the microneedles puncture the outer layer of the skin creating microholes without damaging the epidermis. Studies have demonstrated that rolling over an area of skin with a derma roller device, for around 8 to 15 times will produce hundreds of holes per cm2. Microneedling or “Collagen induction therapy” induces the release of growth factors. They stimulate the sinthesis of new natural collagen and elastin in the dermis. New capillaries are formed and all together, treatment leads to reduction of all scar types after therapy.
It is effective for hard to heal acne, stretch marks and atrophic white scarring.
Stretch marks, wrinkles, scars, cellulite, hair loss, uneven skin tone, acne scars, enlarged pores and photoageing are all due to a lack of collagen, so by using a dermaroller to replace the collagen you can help your skin renew and repair itself to a cosmetic level. Derma Roller skin therapy, is an all-natural cosmetic procedure which can be done in your own home, though we advise to consult with your cosmetologist. Also known as “micro needle therapy”, “non-surgical face lift” and “skin needle therapy”.
It also helps ingredients and nutrients to be quickly absorbed through the skin, enhancing their efficacy so it can also be used for transdermal substances delivery.
Needle Length: – they pierce the skin to the adequate depth that will effectively remove wrinkles, skin pigmentations and help smooth acne scars. Pregnancy lines, thick wrinkles, large pores, cellulite treatment, face firming, face & body lifting. It is the most effective length of all that can be used at home, without causing much discomfort.
INDICATIONS OF QMD DERMA ROLLER:
• Stretch marks from any origin or body part
• Acne hard to heal scars and light Acne scars
• surgical scars
• Scars or any origin
• Wrinkles Improval
• Anti-ageing effects
• Chickenpox scars and Ice pick
• Cellulite reduction
• Large Black or not black pores
• Sagging (Lack of firmnes on face or body)
• Age brown spots & sun burns damage
• Under-eye puffy bags
• Hair loss (Alopecia)
• Hyper pigmentation
DERMA ROLLER FOR ACNE SCARS – THE PROCEDURE
Microneedling is a simple office-based procedure. After preparation of the area with a thourough wash, the area to be treated should be previously numbed with topical anesthesia for 45 minutes to one hour. Rolling is done 15-20 times in horizontal, vertical, and oblique directions on the different areas of the face beeing very careful on not to repeat the same areas on the same session.
Petechiae or pin-point bleeding which occurs shoul be easily controlled by wiping it off with a rubbing gauze. (If you cannot control it you should immediately seek medical attention). After the session, the area should be wetted with sterile saline serum pads, cold pads and desinfection. The entire procedure should lasts for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the extent of the area to be treated. A minimum of six weeks is recommended between two treatments as it takes that long for new natural collagen to form. Three to four treatments may be needed for moderate acne scars.
Microneedling is well tolerated, but redness may be seen after treatment, lasting for 2-3 days. Photoprotection (sun cream) for a week is advised as a routine and local antibiotic creams may be prescribed by a doctor if complication arises. The users can go back to work the very next day. As the microholes close short after the procedure, post-procedure infections do not occur regularly. The procedure is well tolerated by the users, it is cost-effective, can be done on all skin types and on areas not suitable for peeling or laser resurfacing, such as near eyes.
Microneedling with derma roller can be combined with other acne scar aids like “subcision, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and fractional resurfacing”, thus maximizing the benefits to the patients.
(See Dermaroller Side Effects)
Contraindications of Derma Roller System Therapy:
Using a derma roller is not recommended for those with the following skin or general health conditions:
• Those with active infections
• Chronic skin disorders
• Blood clotting problems
• Poor healing
• Skin malignancies
• Active acne
• Severe solar keratosis
• Raised moles or warts
Indications for the different microneedle lengths: (What Size Derma Roller Should I Use?)
– The 2.5mm/3.0mm-size needles – can remove wrinkles, body extended scars and burning scars. Dark sore concavex hole, pimple scar, severe declines of elasticity.
– The 2.0mm-size needles – can remove small injury scars, wrinkles around the eyes and acne scars.
– The 1.00mm / 1.5mm – size needles – can remove wrinkles, skin pigmentations and help smooth acne scars. Pregnancy lines, thick wrinkles, large pores, cellulite treatment, face firming, face & body lifting.
– The 0.5mm-size needles – can help build beautiful smooth & healthy skin, and prevent hair loss. Skin whitening, improve skin pigmentation, improve wrinkle (eye area), improve alopecia, collagen induction, drug delivery.
– The 0.2mm/0.25mm/0.3mm-size needles – are perfect for cosmetics applications. Skin restoration, improve alopecia, home care therapy, active ingredient delivery.
INSTRUCTIONS OF USAGE
When you use derma rollers for the first time, you will get it out of a vacuum packed bag and it will be sterile.
1. First make the right choice of the length of the microneedle you plan to according to your skin condition.
2. Wash thouroughly your hands and face before the procedure, rub well all areas to remove bacterias.
3. Your cosmetologist can advice you on which cream you should use before the procedure to prepare your skin.
4. For the most sensitive patients a topical numbing cream can be used.
5. The Derma Roller should be used with short rolling movements. These have to be meticoulously done, in orderly manner and without leaving a centimeter of skin without rolling. Homogeneity and uniformity of strikes, all performed with same strenght and pressure on the device, will assure a smooth result. Follow 3 steps of needling to enhance the forming of the micro-channels. You have to roll in 3 directions on each area of your face: Horizontally, vertically, and diagonal around 7 to 15 times on each movement. Don’t roll twice on a previously treated area on the same session.
6. Apply a cool mask or cold packs after a Derma Roller session. It has the effect of easing and eliminating post-session redness.
7. Use of a moisturizing serum is advisable
8. Use a sun blocking cream during 7 days after the procedure.
9. Allow an interval of 4-6 weeks between the procedures to get good results.
10. Other procedures such as subcision, punch elevation may need to be combined for optimal results in acne scars.
Clean the Derma roller
Wash thoroughly your dermaroller unit, with water and soap. Brush away any residual debris after using it. Then soak about 5-8 minutes with 90% alcohol, or use ultraviolet to disinfect for about 45 minutes. You can also use a cold sterilizer like Clorexhidine solution. Do not use chlorine, autoclaves, steam and high temperature sterilization methods.
1) Do not share the unit with other people
2) Do not roll too much more than indicated time. If skin shows hypersensitive response, consult with your doctor.
3) Keep the micro needle part always clean and dry
4) Store in a safe place out of the reach of children
ALWAYS SEEK ADVICE OF A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE USING THE DERMA ROLLER FOR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PERFORM THE PROCEDURE FOR YOUR UNIQUE TYPE AND CONDITION OF SKIN